Tuesday 30 August 2016

The Importance of keeping our environment clean.

Pt England School
130 Pt England Road
Pt England
Auckland NZ

Thursday 25th August 2016

Dear Prime Minister John Key,

Kia Ora my name is Sheales. I am a year 6 student and I am also 11 years of age. Right now I am attending Pt England School in Auckland. The teachers that are teaching me are Ms Moala , Miss West , Mr Somerville and Miss Lavakula. I am from a gorgeous island of Niue.

The purpose of this letter is to let you know about how tossing rubbish away is affecting our environment.

As I said the problem is people are tossing their rubbish away and it is ending up in our drains and waterways. It is a big problem because it’s affecting our animals and fish. For example when birds are hungry and fly over water, they see plastic thinking it is fish. But then they die because they can’t eat anything else.

What I suggest you do is gather some people to help you organize a group that can help clean the environment, so that the environment doesn’t get any dirtier. Otherwise we won’t have clean water, much food source or even a place to live, or you could gather people from communities to help clean the environment.

I have done some research and I have found that litter that is tossed into the ocean doesn’t just float around it also travels long distances with the currents and winds. Not only does the rubbish affect our marine sea life and birds. The amount of rubbish that is being tossed away into the ocean washes up on beaches, are caught on fishing lines and it can also damage motors in boats.

Your Sincerely,
Sheales

1 comment:

  1. You have done really awesome work here, Sheales. You are a very smart girl! This letter reminds me of the awful pollution problem that is going on around Auckland. Is there anything that we can do to keep our waters clean??
    Atareita

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.